It’s a New Normal at Your Downtown Dentistry
To comply with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) guidelines for patient and employee safety, our patient arrival process and protocols have changed.
Before you arrive:
- For everyone’s protection, anyone coming inside the office 16 years or older must wear a mask, bandana, scarf, etc. over their nose and mouth
- All forms must be completed online prior to coming for an appointment. If you need assistance, please call us prior to the appointment
- Any appointment must be confirmed in order to be kept on the schedule
- It is critical that you arrive on time for your appointment. Please let us know when you arrive by calling our office at (407) 502-0202. We will call you when we are ready for you and will meet you at the front door of our office
- We kindly ask patients to come inside alone and family members remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements.
- Should a parent accompany a child into the office, temperature, and health questions will be asked as with the patient. It’s been our pleasure to formally invite parents into the clinical area. However, at this time, we are unable to offer this until restrictions are lifted
- Once inside, we will ask several brief health status questions, record current patient temperature, have a patient (and parent if accompanied) wash hands, and use mouth wash (for those 6 and older). Please note, anyone with temperature 100.4 or over will be rescheduled at least 3 weeks later.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced. This will include very limited seating in our waiting room and at least 6’ between dental chairs in the clinical setting
- We will be using a Dry Shield isolation suction to ensure a higher level of suction during all procedures which protects patient and staff at a higher level. This is made of soft silicone and comes in varying sizes to ensure comfort and safety
- All clinical staff will be using face shields, masks, safety glasses, gloves, and gowns
We sincerely thank you all for your incredible patience during these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you soon!