Emergency Dentist – Orlando, FL
Getting You Out of Pain Right Away
Whether you’re having fun at a local theme park or enjoying a day by the pool, a dental emergency can arise at any time. It can help to know where you can turn to seek immediate help. At Your Downtown Dentistry, our dentists are ready to administer urgent help should you need it. With same-day emergency dental appointments available, we’ll work to get you in as quickly as possible so that we can get you out of pain and back to living life to the fullest. Call us today to learn what we can do should a dental crisis occur.
Why Choose Your Downtown Dentistry for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Dental Team That Works Quick to Help Patients Out of Pain
- Privately-Owned Boutique Dental Practice
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
We encourage you to call our dental office and inquire about an appointment as soon as the injury occurs. We will listen to you and determine how quickly you should come in while also delivering first-aid tips you can use until it’s time for your appointment. Once in our office, our team will immediately begin to take images of your teeth to determine where the problem exists and how best to treat it. After compiling diagnostic images and data, we will create a treatment plan that you can review. If everything appears to be to your liking, we will start the process of treating your dental injury.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
If you’ve fractured your jawbone, have difficulty swallowing because of swelling, or have a wound that won’t stop bleeding, you’ll need to visit your local ER right away. Otherwise, we invite you to review the following information to learn more about the common dental emergencies that we can treat in-house.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
A knocked-out tooth or lost dental crown will have different price tags based on various factors that we will determine during your appointment. But one thing you can be certain of is that seeking professional help right away is the best course of action. Choosing to wait will only cause the issue to worsen, leading to more significant and complex treatment. Our team will work with you to determine how to keep your expenses low while working to improve the health and function of your smile.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
If you want to avoid visiting the emergency dentist, there are things you can do to lower your risk and protect your smile, such as:
- Keeping your appointments with our dental team twice each year.
- Eating healthier foods that don’t contain copious amounts of sugars and carbohydrates.
- Giving up smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Not using your teeth to open packages.
- Breaking unhealthy habits that can damage your teeth such as eating ice or chewing on inanimate objects.
- Wearing a mouthguard if you play sports.
- Wearing a nightguard if you struggle with bruxism.
- Practicing good oral hygiene at home by brushing, flossing, and rinsing regularly.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Gum Disease I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I am Scared of the Dentist My Child Needs Lip & Tongue Tie Treatment View Our Services