Tooth Extractions – Orlando, FL
Achieving Better Oral Health by Removing Damaged Teeth
Unfortunately, teeth can become worn down, infected, and damaged over time, and without proper treatment, they can negatively impact your oral health and remaining healthy teeth. But with tooth extractions, our team at Your Downtown Dentistry can help to lower the risk of further harm and instead, create a path toward a newer, healthier smile that can last for decades.
Why Choose Your Downtown Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- Sedation Dentistry Options Available
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Dental Implants Used to Help Restore Smiles
When Are Tooth Extractions Necessary?
When it comes to tooth extractions, there are two types of people: Those who do not think their tooth is in bad enough shape to warrant an extraction, and those who think simply removing a problem tooth is better than undergoing other types of restorative dentistry treatment.
Meeting with a member of our team to undergo an examination is the only way to know for sure if having a tooth removed is the right path to take. Based on the severity of the infection or damage, we can decide if it is in your best interest to pursue this type of treatment.
The most common reasons we might recommend tooth extraction include:
- A severely decayed tooth is unable to be treated with a dental crown or root canal therapy.
- A child’s baby tooth will not fall out on its own and needs to be removed to ensure the appropriate eruption of a permanent tooth.
- You require orthodontics to treat overcrowding, but a tooth must first be removed to ensure optimal space.
- You need dentures to rebuild your smile, but one or more teeth are deemed likely to face decay, so removing them is the best option.
- You have severe gum disease that is impacting the bone and causing teeth to become loose.